- The ear is the organ that detects sound and also aids in balance and body position.
- The outer ear consists of fleshy visible parts, called the pinna or auricle, the ear canal, and the outer layer of the tympanic membrane, also known as the ear drum.
- The bones in the ear are the three smallest bones in the body.
- The ear contributes to our sense of taste, they play a role in transmitting taste signals to the brain.
- The ear drum is only three (3) cell layers thick, whereas regular skin contains 7 layers. The ear drum is also smaller than 0.7 inches in width
- Hairspray can have a negative effect on earwax. If you regularly use hairspray, because your ears are so close to your hair, when hairspray is applied, over time it can get into the ear, causing earwax that would naturally fall out to get stuck.
- The ear works even while we are asleep, they keep on hearing sounds, but the brain shuts out the sound