Google+ Random Musing of a Doctor: Day of the Gunmen: How CMD, District Head met Tragic End expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'> Google+

Random Musing of a Doctor Headline Animator

Friday, September 20, 2013

Day of the Gunmen: How CMD, District Head met Tragic End

By Suzan Edeh -- Bauchi
August 31, 2013, will forever remain indelible in the memory of the staff and management of Federal Medical Centre, Azare in Bauchi State. It was on that day that the Chief Medical Director of the Centre, Dr. Musa Mohammed Dambam and the District Head of Yamai Village in Dambam Local Government Area, Alhaji Adamu Manu, were brutally killed by gunmen suspected to be hired assassins.
Dr. Musa Dambam, 55, was married with seven. He was the Director of the State Primary Health Care Agency before his last appointment as the Chief Medical Director of the Federal Medical Centre, Azare.
Vanguard Metro, VM, learnt that the late medical director left the hospital on that fateful Saturday for Yamai where he hailed from. The deceased was said to be in the company of his aunt who usually accompanied him to the village, ostensibly to save the money she would have spent as transport fares.
Hajiya Aisha Daguji, the senior sister to Dr Dambam's mother told VM that she was lucky to survive the attack by the gunmen.
She explained that when they were about entering Yamai village, some men dressed in army uniform stopped their vehicle. She said she mistook them for security operatives who usually search vehicles on the highway.
"When we were almost approaching Yamai village, three men dressed in army uniform stopped our vehicle. It did not occur to me at first that they were hired assassins. When we stopped for them, one of them told my nephew to come out of the car. When he came out, the other gunman asked his colleague, 'is this the one'?. He responded that he was their target. They now asked my nephew to park the car at the roadside. It was then that it dawned on me that they were assassins and not security men," she said.
She alleged that after robbing them of all their valuables, the gunmen told the deceased to go to the back seat of the car while the one of them drove the car to Yamai village. "We arrived Yamai village around 8.00 pm. When we arrived there, they brought me and my nephew out of the car and told us to sit on the floor. One of the gunmen left us to bring another of their colleagues.
The remaining two gunmen were detailed to guard us. It was around 10.15pm that they brought the other man. It was then that they took my nephew and left. I asked them why they were leaving me behind but their response was that they would soon be back. They told me that they have a very important job to do," she claimed.
Scores of Dead Discovered After Borno Attacks 
Environmental officers yesterday recovered 87 more corpses of travelers killed by suspected Boko Haram gunmen during an … see more »

No comments:

Post a Comment